How it happened, six (falling ill)

I could not bare the pain in my body laying on my bed giving out a soft mourn as I rolled round the whole place. My eyes had swollen and my roommates had gone for their lectures. This was my first year second semester since I joined the school. Early it was getting addicted in drugs and having the effects of illnesses at this age. The exams were just around the corner but I had no problem with my academics. Reading to me was and is still a hobby not forgetting having fun and disturbing the class whenever am fine (sober and healthy) but with some limits. Other activities such as playing the guitar, skating or dancing were and are still things that make me bond with guys around me.

My joy was snatched by this condition and all I felt and wished at the moment was to die. I imagined of what God thought of me as He looked down at me. I had once shared the bible with a friend and she got saved and now an irony was portrayed as my being had fallen. The cocaine was still something that my body longed to have. I laid there shivering with cold that I never knew where it came from since the windows were closed and my blankets were still intact. My whole body became wet though all I felt was cold and kept pulling the blanket. I felt like going outside up the rooftop and lay for the sun to warm me up. But the pain in my body could not let me. I took my phone and without further reasoning called my father and told him that I was sick though I could not tell him that I was under the influence of drugs. After all how could I even start.

I sat on the back seat waiting for the cab to take off and wore my earphones since the music played on this car was 'so low'. Next to me was an old man who dozed even before the engine was started. Dad had told me to come back home and go for a medical check up. I was afraid of him finding out about about cocaine. So I made sure that I had hid some fraction somewhere that would not be seen since mama or the house help could go through my bag with a thought of cleaning it and find it. Halfway to home I could feel the urge to take some. I looked around the old man was still asleep and this made it easy to get my cocaine. I did it with a lot of caution such that no one would see me. I could not help sneezing such that my seatmate woke up and asked me in a Meru accent if I had taken tobacco but I just wiped my faced and confidently answered him that I was just feeling ill and noting more. He was so sorry for me.

The sleep that had switched me off was brought to an end as the old man tapped me and said in his accent that we had reached our destination. I quickly got off and headed directly to dad's office about

Comments